Saturday, July 24, 2010

Guess Who's Back: Shyne



They say image is everything. They say you have to rep where your from and KEEP IT ALL THE WAY 100! They say alot of different things but THEY never say "I got your back when you get out son"... Instead, you get released from jail and picked up by a relative or friend from the old school (who knew you before all the fame and glory) and you have to look to rebuild your life. Shyne has a second chance to shine again but will he make the cut. You be the judge...



Shyne & Young Jeezy Grace XXL’s New Cover [With Video]

SHYNE ON DIDDY
“I don’t know whether he was nervous, afraid,” Shyne says of Puffy. “When you’re afraid and you’re emotional, that’s a different survival tactic. Those are the people that do anything, regardless of character and integrity, to preserve and protect themselves, regardless of who they hurt. I guess maybe that was the situation. Never been in a situation like that, where he facing years, and he got hundreds of millions and all that shit at stake. But where I’m from, doesn’t matter. You lose everything for your comrade. Again, if you’re in battle, I’ll catch a bullet, too. It ain’t like, Yo, he’s dead. Don’t make no sense for me to die, too. Nah, I’ma die, too! So you hope or you take for granted that all men are the same. But I know all men are not.”

SHYNE ON HIS BID
“I looked at bein’ in the pen for 10 joints as my opportunity to concentrate, to get things in perspective. And I never let it devastate me, although it was devastating, because I never thought I was gonna be in jail for 10 years. I thought I was gon’ make a bail. I thought I was gon’ get my shit reversed. I’m terribly optimistic.”

SHYNE ON RETURNING TO BELIZE
“I always knew it was a possibility I might be deported. I had lawyers, and I had people with serious relationships working to get me a fuckin’ opportunity to continue my life in the place that raised me and developed me and grew me, after payin’ my debt, ya dig?”

No comments: